We all use google keyword tool to find out competition between keywords. But now the competition is shown as Low, Medium or High. The low is the competition the better will be the chances of getting on the top of google.
But what if you want to know the exact competition? I mean competition in numerical quantity like 0.34 or 34%.
Now without wasting you time on what is google keyword tool and what is significance of keyword competition I will directly move to the steps to find *exact* keyword competition:
Steps to know Exact keyword competition
- Go to Google Keyword Tool.
- Now type a few keywords related to you niche and fill up the CAPTCHA or Sign in with Gmail.
- Click Download (option shown in image) and choose All Search Result.
- A popup will appear and choose your download (Format: CSV for excel).
- Download done? Open the file and it will be like something.
Now according to this data you can choose the exact keywords you want to target. Keywords play vital role in SEO and success comes only when you do proper keyword research before taking any step.